Friday, August 28, 2009

Trailer Trash: The August 28th Quickie

It's the last weekend of August releases! The last two weeks were average looking at best and the same can be said of this week's cinematic choices. With all the pre-pre-Halloween horror now in theaters along with Tarantino's Basterds, methinks I'll be having a blood and gore marathon this weekend.

Here's just how exciting (from best to w
orst) these IMDb releases look:


Taking Woodstock (08.28) Of all the middling fare, this has the best chance for greatness. Ang Lee's take on Woodstock is intriguing, but watching Liev Schreiber rocking Cagney drag promises to be even more so. Demetri Martin and the ensemble cast should be a blast, but why wasn't this released two weeks ago, on the 40th anniversary of Peace & Music?

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Halloween II (08.28) I was ultra-hyped to see Rob Zombie's definitive take on Halloween back in 2007. However, watching Zombie "complete his extreme vision" seems redundant. I enjoy unadulterated gore and Sheri Moon Zombie too much to skip this, but if the legend of Michael Myers needs to "conclude his horrifying rampage" in 2011, I may just pass.

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Big Fan (08.28) Hearing about a movie starring Patton Oswalt, I expected a slap-sticky, hit-or-miss gutbuster. Instead this dark drama looks to be anything but. I hope this proves to be a breakout for Oswalt, but this may be far too depressing for sports fans with football season right around corner.


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


The Final Destination (08.28) Speaking of big fans, I always liked the Final Destination franchise. That said, this fourth installment, which scooped up a "The" dropped by Fast & Furious looks to be mainly cashing in on the Real crappy 3D fad. Since I haven't been disappointed by any of this series so far, the 2D version should at least be worth a a few bucks, more if they bring Tony Todd back.

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.



You'll be happy to know Trailer Trash will return to full Gang Bang glory in September. Aren't you tingling with excitement? I am, and not just because Mike Judge's new movie Extract is opening, though Jason Bateman and Mila Kunis can cause uncontrollable urges in even the best of us.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. youse one lonely ass on this one... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I do look pretty pathetic this week. At least September is looking somewhat better!

    ReplyDelete