Friday, July 2, 2010

The Spank Bank: Paul Rudd

I should have known once I committed to publishing the Spank Bank on a schedule it would conflict with another regular feature. I'm sure you understand, stargazers; it's difficult to daydream about a spanktastic celebrity after being subjected to a gang bang.

Rested, relaxed and iced down, I'm ready for July's inductee. This month's fellow should be a stranger to no one. He's been in the game since the early 90s but really didn't come into mainstream attention until five years ago. Now, folks can't get enough of this handsome, silly man.

Join me in showing our appreciation for July's Spank Bank inductee:

Paul Rudd

The First Time My Eyes Met:
Most of us were probably introduced to Mr. Rudd when he portrayed Cher's stepbrother Josh in Clueless. Even though Cher was eventually swayed by his charms, I wasn't buying it. He was a nice, goofy guy and, in reality, high school hotties and impressionable moviegoers don't go for those guys.

He Had Me At ‘Hello’: Fast-forward nearly ten years, past horror flicks, dramas, indie films, comedies and TV shows and finally he garners attention as the wacky buddy. As one of Ron Burgundy's posse in Anchorman, Paul's Brian Fantana broke the dam of obscurity that had denied audiences of his awesomeness.

Sexiest Movie (or TV) Moment: A tough decision, but his recurring role as Lamaze instructor Guy Gerricault on Reno 911! had him at the pinnacle of steamy goodness. That great smile, those tight workout clothes, and an unfettered need to fondle the pregnant ladies would make any one swoon.


Let’s Never Speak Of This Again: As powerful as Paul's charisma is, it couldn't negate the sheer awfulness of Over Her Dead Body. Henry was blind to the presence of his wife's ghost, but Rudd must have recognized that not even he could save this.

It Brings A Smile To My Face: David was a man in suffering. In The 40 Year-Old Virgin, Amy had taken his heart and stomped the love out of it. Luckily for us it drove him to such hilarious workplace outbursts as "I'm gonna Yamo burn this place to the ground."

My Biggest Regret: This was a toss-up between two films I know very little about. In the end, I had to go with Diggers. Filmed in 2006, it's a coming-of-age tale for a new generation of clam diggers. Who wouldn't want to watch four men hunt for clams?

His Winning Feature: If you've seen him, you've almost certainly been won over by his goofy charm. While he can be serious in a pinch, let him loose and his infectious silliness is simply irresistible.

If I Could Walk In Her Shoes: I'd switch places with Zooey Rice of I Love You, Man in a heartbeat. Peter Klaven was the bestest boyfriend you could ever want and, apparently, the things his tongue could accomplish downtown were magical.


Most Anticipated Upcoming Project:
I am super-excited to see the insanity of Dinner with Schmucks this month, but looking into the horizon, My Idiot Brother is enticing. It'll be interesting to see if in a movie starring Zooey Deschanel, Elizabeth Banks, Rashida Jones and Emily Mortimer, Paul can be the most adorable.

My Dream Of Working With The Fantabulous Mr Rudd:
I'd love to cast Paul Rudd in my movie, Adults!, Inc.. Paul would portray a man whose only joy in life was his brief stint as a performer on the Saturday morning television series, Kids Incorporated. Now in his forties, he's wasted his life away as he's watched his costars attain stardom. Tired of sulking over the events that got him booted off the show, he takes one last stab at stardom by developing his own adult-oriented cable access show. Paul's versatility with serious and silly roles will blend perfectly with this concept. After working up a sweat in his sequined jumpsuit, I could visit Paul in his trailer and we could explore all the possibilities the shooting schedule affords us.

Paul Rudd: www.thedailyshow.com
Check him shake his groove thang around the 1:50 mark.
.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

7 comments:

  1. Daaaaamn that's a pretty ok fantasy you've got going there with your future movie project and Mr Rudd. I myself wouldn't mind helping him out of his sweaty sequined jumpsuit if yaknowwhaddamean, winkwink, nudgenudge.

    Paul Rudd has got charm in spades, and the man just gets better looking as he ages. It's remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh - thank you! Lovelovelovelovelove that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) i thought that was Dane Cook o Reno 911 (duh)

    B) that pic with the undies on the floor? kinda gross

    C) just saw "i could never be your woman" and realized i'll ever find him funny (especially in that movie) but just find hi very likable

    D) this is the first year that when i see him in a movie i know who is without someone telling me or seeing it the credits (blame it on the bland everyday guy looks)

    E) the picture on the right sidebar is the best he has ever, or ever will, look. thought he was some hot guy, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) i thought that was Dane Cook o Reno 911 (duh)

    B) that pic with the undies on the floor? kinda gross

    C) just saw "i could ever be your woman" and realized i'll ever find him funny (especially in that movie) but just find hi very likable

    D) this is the first year that when i see him in a movie i know who is without someone telling me or seeing it the credits (blame it on the bland everyday guy looks)

    E) the picture on the right sidebar is the best he has ever, or ever will, look. thought he was some hot guy, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alex: I had so many fun fantasies spinning around; the sequins just seemed a natural fit.

    @Friend Mouse: You're very welcome!

    @IW: A) haha, I can sort of see the Dane Cook similarity, esp if you see that B&W photo in my sidebar.

    B) I don't think I ever noticed the undies, lol.

    C)That flick is still floating in my NFQ. Sad you can't find any humor in Mr. Rudd. I just love that silliness; Role Models & I Love You Man all the way.

    D) I didn't really follow him until Anchorman. I had seen him in a bunch of stuff (Cider House Rules, Shape of Things, Clueless) but he was just an every guy with a good smile until he kicked the comedy into high gear.

    E) Man, just can't give my man a break! :-)

    ReplyDelete