Friday, September 3, 2010

Trailer Trash: The September 3rd Quickie

Due to my hectic schedule this week, the gang bang for September has been canceled. Have no fear, I will still cover the month's major releases; it'll just be one week at a time. For the holiday weekend, we are being treated with three major releases, one of which got a bit of a head start.

Here's just how exciting (from worst to
best) these IMDb releases look:


Going the Distance (09.03) A likable, boyish-looking actor with thick eyebrows and a friendly smile starts dating a likable, girlish-looking actress with a lisp and a friendly smile. Wait, I'm getting a feeling of déjà vu. That may be because I wrote about this last month, when it was originally slated to release. The new release date has brought with it added disdain. It's looking a lot more slap-crappy than lovey-dovey fun.



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


The American (09.01) What does a man who has spent the bulk of his life Up in the Air do after his life-defining job and future romantic prospects have all evaporated? He re-evaluates his skill set and, using the ten million miles he's accumulated, he starts firing people from their lives instead of just their professions. Clooney kills, whether it be with words, looks, or bullets, so I'm there.




Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Machete (09.03) I am as excited about this as I was The Expendables last month. "Newcomer" Don Johnson, the megahot Michelle Rodriguez, a sword- wielding Steven Seagal, a cross-bearing Cheech Marin and a whole lot more accompany Danny Fuckin' Trejo on what promises to be one bad-ass, blood-spilling thrill ride. I can't wait to see the blowback they get for fuckin' with the wrong Mexican.




Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!



I'll be back next Friday with more Trailer Trash fun. Until then, have a great Labor Day weekend and I'll catch you on the flip-side.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I am always up for a movie by George Clooney. His acting skills may not be as good as Johnny Depp but he oozes sex appeal and that is reason enough to catch him in action.

    Soccer Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. George is a stud, that's for sure. I still haven't seen the American. I'm hoping to catch it this week.

    ReplyDelete