Friday, January 27, 2012

Trailer Trash: January 27 of 2012

It's been a big week, stargazers. Oscar nominations are out so I've got to get to theaters to see all the movies I missed last year. Considering I've only seen 2 of the 9 Best Picture nominees, that's going to be a lot of moviegoing for February. Adding to that count are also three new releases that look pretty decent. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to rent a cot at the back of the theater just to watch everything I want.

The Grey Folks who read my vault reviews over at the MILF will get a bit of deja vu this afternoon, so be forewarned. The Grey sets out to reconcile the age-old debate of Nature vs. Neeson. Those who've followed Neeson over the years have our favorite dog in this battle, but it'll be super fun watching Neeson take on whatever Nature can throw at him! Bring it Mutha!



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation! 
 

Man on a Ledge My excitement for MoaL has waned in recent weeks. This action-thriller looks to hit all its marks, but with so many Oscar nominees to watch, MoaL has to be put on the back shelf. If my viewing calendar were more open, I'd be seeing this for three reasons; Ed Harris - always the man, Jamie Bell - very underrated, and of course, Elizabeth "Banksable' Banks!



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.
 

One for the Money A very aptly named project, this predictable comedy looks way better than the usual mess Katherine Heigl has starred in recently. Granted, some of the film's appeal is due to Debbie Reynolds attempts at snagging the junk parts Betty White's got no time for anymore. Either way, it looks funny enough to make my cheap theater viewing list. See you in a couple of months Kat.


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


I'm super excited to see that Hugo has been revived on a couple of screens thanks to its many nominations. That's where's I'll be starting my viewing party. What Oscar flicks are you still looking to see?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. It's really too bad Ledge isn't a bigger film, as I'd really have like to see more of the MoaL acronym. LOL.

    "Nature vs. Neeson" should be a series of documentaries where he goes and battles either the elements or tigers, lions, apes, etc. Either way - winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MoaL...every time I write it I picture Fred Savage in Austin Powers.

    That would be a winner concept. Trust me, The Grey is good enough that they'll squeeze out a similar, weaker version very soon in grand Taken -> Unknown fashion.

    ReplyDelete