Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Than A Mouthful

I want to try a little something different today with a new segment I call "More Than a Mouthful." Everyday some topic pops into my mind that I consider 'bloggable.' However, watching movies, reading comics, writing reviews, eating, sleeping, and um, oh yeah, working get in the way of prattling on and on about any and everything.

More Than a Mouthful will be an outlet to list a handful of the random things that pervade my gray matter. It is also a place to showcase anything new on the blog that may have escaped your attention. If I receive more than a few comments about any one subject, I may deem it worthy of an official posting; otherwise we'll just chalk it up to the ramblings of a semi-senile man.

In Reel Whore and general movie blogging business, I have been tapped to write a segment for the Large Association of Movie Blogs, a.k.a. the LAMB, for the month long lead-up to the Oscars known as The LAMB Devours the Oscars. If you're looking for a quick, intelligent diversion from your busy day, this collaborative effort offers all that and more! You're already over a week behind so don't waste another day!

In a bit of Reel Whore business, I have added a new poll. I've dubbed this the "Love Poll." With V-Day approaching next week I want to know which of the romantic lovey-dovey films in theaters is the one you will use to score brownie points with your special someone, the one you most want to be wooed with during your night on the town, or just the one you think is the least heave-inducing.

In movie news, the Heath Ledger autopsy results have been reported. Ledger died as a result of an accidental overdose of prescription medications. Such a tragedy. He will be missed.

In the things that make you say What the Fuck?! category, I caught this new music video last week. It's "Scream", the latest Timbaland single featuring Keri Hilson and Nicole Scherzinger. The WTF moment begins about 48 seconds in with Ms. Nicole and then continues with Ms. Keri. I have come to realize that music videos, when you can find them, have gotten dumber, but does anyone else agree the ski masks have to be the latest in the line of dumbest things you've ever seen?

I think that's enough for this first time around the block. Stay tuned for more happenings and ramblings.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Only three links to the LAMB? How dare you! The quota was five!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I do try to use a bit subtle nudging, a plush sledgehammer to the cranium for readers who don't know about LAMB happenings.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete