Monday, April 11, 2011

MMM: Why Try Anything?

I first caught wind on this group sometime last year and had honestly forgotten about them. Thankfully, their latest single now reminds me to give them a closer listen. Two Door Cinema Club, a name derived from a mispronunciation of a local cinema on the part of member Sam Halliday, is a group of Irish lads doing the indie rock thing. Undercover Martyn was the song I heard from them last year and worth the listen if you're looking for more.

There is something oddly soothing about the video for their latest single, What You Know. Is it the plain white background or the placement of random things surrounding the band? Maybe it's the bopping and swaying of the choreography or the sway of those four dancers' ponytails that clears my head for three plus minutes. Either way, there is a symmetry that lulls my usually multi-tasking brain into a state of calm. And that's a good place to start the week from. I hope it does the same for you.

Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know 



.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment