Friday, October 21, 2011

Trailer Trash: The October 21st Quickie

Another weekend of cool and sunny weather in my area. As easy as the Reel Whore is, the theater is going to have to offer up one helluva movie to coax me into a seat. Checking both IMDb and The Numbers tells me we have four major releases vying for our attentions, but is our attention warranted?

Johnny English Reborn I swear I watched Johnny English back when it came out, but I can't tell you the first thing about it besides Rowan Atkinson starred alongside Natalie Imbruglia. Yeah, Imbruglia, I know. Reborn looks like mild, silly fun, and movies like that play best on cable television which is where I'll catch this.




Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


The Mighty Macs Since the boys can't resolve the lockout, let the ladies sate your b-ball appetites. This is a true story tale of inspiration about an all-women's Catholic college basketball team from the 70s. Carla Gugino stars and she always inspires me to go to the movies. Bonus, Bones fans can get their David Boreanaz fix while they wait for the new season to begin. Sounds like a win-win all around.



Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

Paranormal Activity 3 The idea of a sequel to Paranormal Activity excited me so much last time that I never saw it. The teaser trailer for the third installment was equally snoozeworthy. But I have to admit the latest trailers where folks are being thrown around like rag dolls are pretty cool. Cool enough to go see it opening weekend, eeehhh don't think so.



Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


The Three Musketeers Milla Jovovich is my go to action actress and I will see just about anything she's in, but this looks so colossally terrible that not even my love her can justify wasting the money. I wonder whose ass is gonna get reamed when the weekend box office numbers are released next week. 




Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


That's all I got folks. Come back next week, big doings are in the works.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Whole lotta passing going on, for the both of us. I love me some Carla, but if I need a Gugino fix, I'll head for something...sultrier. Speaking of which, I suggest seeking out her recent Esquire pics if you've not yet seen them. Oooh la la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good googly moogily! Thanks for the heads up on the Esquire spread.

    Yeah, I didn't see anything new this weekend, but I figured if anything would get me to the theater it'd be a movie starring Carla. Plus, I enjoy a good based-on-a-true-story basketball flick.

    ReplyDelete