Monday, April 6, 2009

MMM: Baby, Baby Do

Apparently my wife and I were in the minority of people who chose to spend their money on Adventureland in lieu of throwing it away on Vin Diesel's Fast & Furious. While Adventureland wasn't a life changing film, it had a ton of music popular in the eighties. It belittled one song in particular; a personal favorite.

I was ten going on eleven when first exposed to this particular song. Back in those days, I didn't have the benefit of the internets to discover new music. Hell, I didn' t even have cable television for music video watching! But from the tinny speakers of my bud's boombox, Falco rocked me with Rock Me Amadeus. It rocked me so much, I had to have my own cassette of the album Falco 3.

I'm certain Rock Me Amadeus is responsible for my affection towards techno music. You can then imagine how wounded I was when the characters of Adventureland talked smack about my jam. I'll get into more details about the movie later this week, but for now let's just soak up some eighties goodness:

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus



I wished that video contained the "baby baby do" breakdown in the middle. I may have to blow the dust off my shoebox of cassettes to give the full song a listen...maybe I'll just download it instead.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Aw, who could pick on to "Rock Me Amadeus"? That's like belittling "Safety Dance" or "All You Zombies" or "Union of the Snake." Mean-spirited, I tell you. (I may or may not have all of the above-listed songs in my iPod. You can't make me say for sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granted, in the movie the folks had a decent reason for their hatred of Amadeus,but it's a classic jam.

    I don't think I've ever heard All You Zombies. I must youtube immediately!

    ReplyDelete