Monday, April 13, 2009

MMM: I'm So Lonely

Over the holiday weekend, my cousin was excited to tell me about this new song he had heard. I believe his exact words were, "It's this song with jizz." It took me a sec, then with a grin I replied, "Oh, The Lonely Island!" He hadn't discovered them or their debut single until recently. Not surprisingly, he's a good deal younger than I and it's becoming a well-documented fact that my wife and I are in the minority of folks who actually still watch Saturday Night Live.

His excitement over Jizz in my Pants had me asking if he had heard other songs from the SNL Digital Shorts like Dick in a Box, I'm on a Boat and most importantly Natalie's Rap. Sadly he, like everyone else, only knew Dick in a Box. I told him all about the greatness and glory of The Lonely Island's collabos with T-Pain and Natalie Portman on the remaining two songs. However, to fully appreciate the songs I encouraged him (and you!) to see the accompanying videos.

While I'd love to post all these video today, I thought I'd just choose one from The Lonely Island's album Incredibad. I went with Jizz in My Pants because it is performed solely by The Lonely Island sans collabo. The video does feature a few cameos, but the performance rests completely on the shoulders of group members Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer. It's a great video. It ends too quickly, but that's only appropriate.

The Lonely Island - Jizz in My Pants



The musical Digital Shorts are frequently the highlight of any given SNL episode. You should give Incredibad a listen if you haven't already.

No pressure fellas, but keep up the great work!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments: