Friday, September 30, 2011

Trailer Trash: The September 30th Quickie

Since I'm running late with this week's edition, I'll just get down to brass tacks. Here's my knee-jerk reaction to the trailers of the three major films on IMDb's release list. 


50/50 From 3rd Rock from the Sun to 500 Days of Summer to 50/50, I'm starting to think JGL has a thing for numerically titled projects. No matter, I love the fella enough to overlook his eccentricities. This film was originally in my Fall Top 10, but now I'm 70/25 about it; 70% wants my JGL fix, 25% is tired of Rogen's fugly mug (see poster at right). The other 5%? Stuck on determining the hotness of Anna Kendrick.


Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Dream House Maybe this is a fantastic mystery or maybe Daniel Craig just pulled the short straw out of the Great-Actors-Swindled-Into-Overly-Twisty-Thrillers jar. Considering that I'm not a big fan of Craig's costars and that the trailers are murky at best, I'm going to wait and see this when I can pause it for stretch breaks.




Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 
What's Your Number? You know I love you, don't you Anna? But why do you test our love so? Love can only take so much. This plot seems about as complex as a maze with no turns, but Anna and her supporting cast (Martin Freeman, Ari Graynor, Thomas Lennon, etc.) should help liven up the plodding path. Might be time to dig up Just Friends and remember the good times.



Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone. 

Looks like 50/50 tops my must-see list this weekend... right below Killer Elite which I didn't have a chance to see last week. What's on your must-see in theaters list right now?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

4 comments:

  1. Cannot wait for 50/50! Although I have no idea when it's coming out down under...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it. I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Dream House just for the twist have way through.

    I heard 50/50 was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50/50 has easily made my top 10 of the year. JGL and Company don't disappoint.

    I'm waiting for Dream House to get to the cheap seats to see the twist. It's already disappearing around here so it'll be there soon.

    ReplyDelete