Monday, August 27, 2012

MMM: Forever Changed

Good morning stargazers! It's been a minute since I've posted, but times have been a changing. Thinking about change, it's funny how a song is forever changed when used to great effect in a movie or TV show. I touched on this two weeks ago with my last Monday Mood Music, The Michelle Williams Effect. Then, it was Michelle's glowing screen presence that placed that song in a new light.

This week's selection has been forever changed thanks to the smarmy self-portrayal Rick Springfield gave in season 3 of Californication. Every time I hear Jessie's Girl now, I picture Rick sidling up to Eva Amurri, belting out a few lines of his famous tune, confident his sheer star power will melt her, making her another notch in his bedpost. Thanks to that episode, I will never think of it the same way.

Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl


Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment