Monday, August 13, 2012

MMM: The Michelle Williams Effect

Yesterday I went to see Take This Waltz. It's a thoughtful, emotional film about a woman who, though happily married, falls in love with another man. Michelle Williams plays the conflicted spouse, Margot, and thanks to her, I have a new-found appreciation for the Buggles hit, Video Killed the Radio Star.

Released in 1979, the song made it to #1 on several foreign singles charts, and climbed to #40 on the US Billboard Hot 100. It always ranked as an okay tune in my book, but now it will be forever associated with Michelle's smiling face. While I doubt the song played every time she rode the Scrambler during filming, if it did, I wonder how she feels about it now? What about you; this a love it or hate it tune for you?

Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment