Monday, December 8, 2008

MMM: I Can Sing, I Just Chose Not to Sing

*This post is on the Wrath of McCoy! auto-pilot.*

Recently, the television has been blasting one of my new holiday favorites, Elf. I haven't sat down to actually watch it yet, but plan will be to curl up with several other holidays faves and make a weekend of it.

In Elf, Zooey Deschanel played the thirteen-year-younger love interest to Will Ferrell's Buddy. Now looking to tap that, though with an even more questionable eighteen-year age gap is Jim Carrey in the upcoming Yes Man. While I'll save my critique of that film for another time, I want to focus on Zooey.

For those who don't know, Zooey is the vocals, piano and percussion in the duo She & Him. The wifey bought me their debut CD, Volume One, for my b-day and I have been grooving to it frequently since. Well, grooving is a relative term as it has a mellow, old-school country vibe and I find Zooey's voice quite soothing. This selection isn't my favorite from the album, but it's intriguing and bizarre and a perfect selection for this week's mood music:

Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

Enjoy the Zooey goodness.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment