Friday, December 5, 2008

Trailer Trash: The December 5th Quickie

*This post is on the Wrath of McCoy! auto-pilot.*

This month's Gang Bang has been reduced to a series of weekly quickies not only because of the Wrath of McCoy but also because of the season. That's right, with so many films vying for your holiday bucks and Academy recognition, December is nothing short of a clusterfuck when it comes to releases.

Each week this month, I will be making an effort to report to you all major theatrical releases and any limited releases according to IMDB. Given that I'll be lucky to see any limited releases in my area by the end of December, I'll be skipping the elusive and highly exclusive LA/NY releases. Let's jump right in to this week:


Cadillac Records (limited) For those who don't know, Beyoncé is an ass hair away from a Face Punch. Still, this story about the rise and fall of Chess Records has too many great names (Mos Def, Gabrielle Union) not to see. I'm curious as to how a film starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody and Golden Globe winner Jeffrey Wright manages to give Sasha Fierce an "AND" credit. WTF?!


Verdict:
It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.



Punisher: War Zone You'd think a comic character born out of the thrilling vigilante, above-the-law films of the last few decades wouldn't have a hard time adapting to the big screen. The old Dolph Lundgren flick came close, but the Thomas Jane-John Travolta fare was all kinds of crap. After that one, Ray Stevenson and director Lexi Alexander have miles to go to conquer that mountain of turd.


Verdict:
Exercise the Right To Cinematic Celibacy.



Nobel Son (limited) I'd never heard of this. The trailer looks fast and funny and has tons of under appreciated actors including Bill Pullman, Shawn Hatosy and one of my favorites, Alan Rickman. This could be more painful than it looks, but with Eliza Dushku starring alongside Rickman, I'll take my chances.



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Short and not so sweet, but that's what a quickie is all about.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment