Monday, December 14, 2009

MMM: The Bestest

You sure can tell the Christmas season is in full swing. House after house glitters with decorations. The radio stations play holiday tunes. Network television's regular programming is being swapped for countless specials and holiday classics.

I caught the tail end of one classic just the other night. The 1964 animated tale Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I was quite pissed I had missed it, but I'm certain I'll catch it at least once more before Christmas. If not, you can be sure I'll watch it somehow before Santa makes his rounds.

The narrator of Rudolph's story, actor and singer Burl Ives, also performs Holly Jolly Christmas which is perhaps my favorite Christmas song. Here's a snippet of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in case you, like me, missed it the other night:

Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas

Now I'm off to check the guide. Got to set the DVR so I'll have no excuse for missing it again.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

4 comments:

  1. Also one of my favorites. Though his version of Silver and Gold is pretty sweet, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burl Ives is one of the first Christmas CDs I ever bought myself. It's just not Christmas w/o him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me loves me some burl ives, for real. he was a treasure--xmas would not be the same without his legacies.

    ReplyDelete