Monday, August 9, 2010

MMM: 2 for 1 on Moonbeam Jars

Another Monday is well under way and that means it's time for a new Monday Mood Music. This week's selection is a request; kinda, sorta. Over the weekend, the wife and I saw Dinner for Schmucks and The Other Guys, and she thought it'd be neat-o to showcase a great duet in honor of the two buddy flicks.

While I'm sure she'd love to hear some Peaches & Herb or Simon & Garfunkel, there's a more recent record that's been spinning in my head. This tune is befitting sentiments a character from each movie expressed. As Mark Wahlberg's Terry put it, "I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!" Steve Carell's Barry chose to misquote John Lennon when he said, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."

Both men had dreams; one to be the best detective possible, the other a master of mousterpieces. It reminded me of the latest single by Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr. a.k.a. B.o.B.. His second official single, Airplanes, is a collaboration with Hayley Williams, lead singer of Paramore. On a side note, Paramore kicked off their tour in my town two weeks ago and they were awesome. If they come to your area, I recommend you check them out.

B.o.B. and Hayley's duo is a big hit at the moment. Airplanes talks about wishes and dreams. While there's a few different interpretations as to what it means, it sticks with you, and not in an annoying Hey, Soul Sister kind of way.

B.o.B featuring Hayley Williams - Airplanes

Will this be the week you catch your airplane?

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment