Friday, May 25, 2012

Trailer Trash: May 25 of 2012

It's Memorial Day weekend, a three day weekend ahead. If only there were new movies at the theater. Oh wait, there are, they just look oh so forgettable. Don't believe me...

Chernobyl Diaries A.K.A. The Ukranian Hills Have Eyes. I was stoked to see CD from the first set of trailers released. Foreign mutants preying upon pathetic Americans stupid enough to treat the worst nuclear disaster in history as a tourist getaway. Awesome...except the latest trailers are angling for a plot of "radiation make puny Americans see crazy things not really there." WTF?! Seriously? I must have confirmation of mutant carnage forthwith before I agree to see this!

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 
Men In Black III  Damn if Josh Brolin doesn't do a killer Tommy Lee Jones! At least, from the trailers I've seen his imitation is uncanny. MIB3 looks like a lot of good, silly fun and Smith always aims to please, unless you're a frisky reporter. I'm just hoping they've polished the special effects since the earlier trailers. The artificial looks of that big fish and those gyro-bikes is pathetic by today's standards. 


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 

Moonrise Kingdom Is Wes Anderson's latest, not doubt to be outstanding, film releasing in my area? No. Am I pissed about that? Absolutely. How dare you make me wait for the blessed union of Bruce Willis with the quirk of Wes Anderson!!! Why must I wait for my Bruce/Wes fix?!?!





Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Ahem. Sorry about that. I hope you find some cinematic enjoyment this weekend and I'll catch you on the flipside.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment