Monday, July 20, 2009

MMM: New Tricks for this Old Dog

It's Monday morning and you know what that means! Time to set this week's mood with a little music. Usually I pull a song from my bag of artists, but this time I'm trying something different.

In a few moments, I'll be buying tickets for this weekend's She & Him concert. Mmm, Zooey goodness. Um anywho, I noticed the band Wye Oak is listed as an opening act to M. Ward and Z. Deschanel. Since I've previously posted about She & Him, I thought why not chose a song from their opening act.

Until finding this video, I'd never heard of Wye Oak nor had I heard their sound. Have any of you stargazers seen their act? What was your opinion? After this Sunday, I'll be quite familiar with them and have a better handle on how I feel about their music, but I'm just curious to know who out there's been in the know long before me.

Here's a little vid of Jenn and Andy at SXSW singing in the back seat of a Yaris. Yep, a Toyota Yaris.

Wye Oak - I Don't Feel Young


To my local readers, if you like what you heard, you should swing over to the Cat's Cradle and get your tickets!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment