Friday, December 3, 2010

Trailer Trash: The December 3rd Quickie

I'm glad I'm headed to Atlanta in a few hours because film pickins be slim 'round these parts. There is only one major release coming to town this weekend.If you include the limited and very limited offerings IMDb lists the total is seven, but most of us won't be getting these anytime soon. Since I'm getting the shaft on the weekend I go to meet Shaft, I'll keep this week's trash'n to just the major and limited offerings.


The Warrior's Way If you can't wait until next summer for Cowboys and Aliens, one studio decided Cowboys and Ninjas can brighten our Christmas holiday. The trailer had me with the first fantastic wire-works display; casting Geoffrey Rush was the delectable icing on this violent looking treat. It may not live up to my action expectations, but it's not like it has any competition.



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


All Good Things (limited) The first of two films with possible Oscar noms for Ryan Gosling and the trailer makes sure we all know it. Though strong in cast, the trailer is weak in plot details aside from the "inspired by true events" shingle which leaves me less than excited. I'll wait to hear audience reactions before plopping down my hard-earned cash.




Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Black Swan (limited) Even if I weren't a big fan of Darren Aronofsky's work, they had me at Natalie Portman - Mila Kunis sex scene. Oh, I'm sure the story will be equally awesome. 








Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Reel Whore has been majorly slack in terms of actual movie review content and being out of town this weekend isn't going to help the situation. Maybe if you ask Santa nicely, he can grant your movie review wishes.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Black Swan was amazing, I'm sad it has a limited release. And the Mila Kunis/Natalie Portman sex scene was more explicit than I would have expected!

    I feel ashamed that somehow I'd never heard of Warrior's Way until this weekend. It sounds pretty fun- and exactly as you said, it's something to hold me over until Cowboys and Aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing you liked Black Swan makes me ever more excited to see it (that and the lesbian sex, too). I won't get it here until Dec 22, but I've reserved that evening already.

    They barely gave Warriors Way any TV spots, at least on the channels I watch. A shame b/c it does look fun. Maybe I'll catch it this weekend and can write all about it.

    ReplyDelete