Monday, March 29, 2010

MMM: Bat for Lashes

Welcome to another week of 2010 stargazers. It's hard to believe, but it's already the end of March. Around here, the April showers have started early. I was jarred awake at three in the a.m. by thunder rattling my entire home and rains so hard I thought I was running our house through a rickety old car wash.

Despite the rain, it will be a good week because it's only a four day week for me! Plus the sun will be blazing through the skies before the week ends. In fact, we'll be going from sixty-degree weather to the high eighties. That'll feel like two suns bearing down on us after all this chilly, rainy weather.

Interestingly enough, Two Suns is the title of the second album released by Natasha Khan. Some of you may know her by her stage name, Bat for Lashes; others of you may have never heard of her. A British musician, she's been kicking tunes around the charts since 2006. The song that first exposed me to her was the fourth single from Fur and Gold (her first album). For those who have never heard of Ms. Khan before today, I hope you enjoy not only What's A Girl to Do? from her first album, but also a live recording of the biggest hit from her second album, Daniel.

Bat for Lashes - What's a Girl to Do?

Bat for Lashes - Daniel (live)


She also recorded an excellent cover of Bruce Springsteen's song, I'm on Fire on Fur and Gold. I highly recommend checking it out.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment