Monday, May 3, 2010

MMM: Stuck in Second Gear

Good Monday to you all. I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good, but infinitely busy. I had a to-do list a mile long, and most things I did get to-done. I had hoped to complete everything, but wifey likes to point out that my list is ALWAYS daunting and never get finished, so why fret? True. The difference between my old, long-ass lists and these new ones is that, instead of rooting myself to the couch for days on end lamenting about where to start, I've gone into the past few weekends ready to chew bubblegum and kick ass...

Since I've been all out of bubblegum, I've scratched off dozens of items. Yay for me - except for every task I vanquish, two pop up in its place. I will not let this phase me.

For this week's Monday Mood Music I decided to go with a little local-ish flavor to keep my mind limber while tackling this perpetual list issue. The Mountain Goats, formed in 1991, have resided in Durham, NC since 2006. They are quite prolific; I dare say I don't know even one-third of their catalog. Of those I do know, I quite enjoy.

This Year from their 2005 album Sunset Tree is this Monday's selection. It's an autobiographical song by founding member John Darnielle concerning his childhood with an abusive stepfather. It's proof positive you can overcome any oppressive situation. Granted, a massive to-do list is trivial compared to suffering from abuse, but sometimes, whatever your dilemma, you need to know this too shall pass.

Mountain Goats - This Year


Get out there and show this week who's the boss!!!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment