Friday, October 22, 2010

Trailer Trash: The October 22nd Quickie

Four weeks into October and the number of new releases continues to dwindle. According to IMDb, we've only got two major releases opening today. I shouldn't be so concerned with the quantity; like they say, it's quality that matters. Let's see if either of these films qualify as quality productions...
 

Paranormal Activity 2 I'm not sure quality comes to mind when I look at this trailer for a rushed sequel exploiting the gimmick of last year's immensely popular original. On the other hand, the sequel's director steadied the cameras to avoid the nauseating shaky effect. The original didn't leave me dying for more so, short of possession, I won't be compelled to rush out opening weekend for this.      



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

  
Hereafter You don't need a sixth sense to know a film directed by Clint Eastwood starring Matt Damon will be a quality production. What gets me most psyched is that the trailer gives away next to nothing about the story. While some may find that bothersome, it's refreshing to have a major release that hasn't been advertised to the point of disinterest.




Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


 I hope you stargazers are as excited as I am. In just a few days my Week of Reel Whorror begins! Also, don't forget to vote in my Halloween-themed FMK Friday! Less than a week remains to cast your vote, so you best get on it!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment