Monday, October 18, 2010

I Dun Learned a New Ting

Good morning stargazers! Did you realize that next week my annual Week of Reel Whorror begins?! It's only starting to sink in with me, but no worries, I will not let you down.

Enough about next Monday. Today I'm here to cheer for more of my favorite music. This past Friday I attended my second concert for this lady. The first time I saw her, she was the opening act for a group I didn't even stay to watch. This time, she was the headliner and gave one helluva show.

When I prepare for the Monday Mood Music, I like to do a little digging into the artist's past (i.e. check out their Wiki page). Today I learned I had heard Sara Bareilles's music long before the success of her 2007 release, Love Song. While at UCLA, she was a member of Awaken A Cappella and one of her songs is featured on the Best of College A Capella 2004 CD. I never knew I had heard her music long before she found success.

Sara's premier song (as it were) is Gravity. The stripped performance from Friday was easily the best of the evening. Here's your chance to enjoy it as much as I did:


Sara Bareilles - Gravity



Now I'm off to the salt mines. Have a good one.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment