Friday, July 29, 2011

Trailer Trash: The July 29th Quickie

After a whirlwind weekend to Charleston for a family reunion followed by an awesome Huey Lewis & the News concert, you could say I'm more than a bit excited to have a weekend in town where I can just stretch out in the comfort of my local theater. I'll be catching up on last week's Captain America, but IMDb tells me I also have three new major releases to chose from as well. Let's have a look-see shall we?


Cowboys and Aliens I love Westerns and the new Bond, and a good alien flick isn't to be missed, but I'm not 100% sold on combining the three. I will, however, put my faith in Jon Favreau to deliver a good story with great action and a Harrison Ford that doesn't mumble-grumble most of his lines. I know I'm asking for a lot with that last request, but maybe Sam Rockwell's shuck and jive will cover up Ford's sleepacting.


Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Crazy, Stupid, Love With the exception of Dan in Real Life, you can't go wrong with Steve Carell as a romantic comedy lead. In fact, I couldn't ask for a more awesome cast. Regulars know of my undying affection for Julianne Moore and Emma Stone, but this even has some of my obscure faves like Liza Lapira, Julianna Guill and John Carroll Lynch. And did you see Ryan Gosling's abs? Humina, humina, humina!



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


The Smurfs Are you smurfing smurfing me?! I can't smurfing believe there's a smurfing movie about the Smurfs! I say to smurf with the Smurfs in all their 3-smurfing-D smurfness! You desmurf so much better, Hank Azaria. And Sofia Vergara, I love ogling your smurfs, but why dismurf them in a Smurfs movie?! There's no smurfing way I'll be smurfed to smurf this smurfing bull-smurf...ever! 



Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.

As usual, in much cooler towns the movies The Devil's Double and Attack the Block will be opening. I guess I should be happy they're not here yet. It gives me plenty of time to catch up on my mainstream movies. Now I'm off to get my movie watching on!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment