Friday, November 11, 2011

Trailer Trash: The November 11th Quickie

Good morning stargazers. IMDb lists three new releases for this weekend, but none of them appear to honor our veterans. None of them really look like they'll excite our interest either. Here are these movies.

Immortals From trailer #1, this has been so...unimpressive. It's sad because Tarsem Singh is a visual genius behind the camera and I've been waiting for Henry Cavill to break out ever since he lost out to Daniel Craig for the role of James Bond. Those two reasons are enough to get me out to see Immortals, but that ridiculous helmet of Mickey Rourke's gives me pause.



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


J. Edgar As you should all know, this project had me at Eastwood. Clint does period pieces well as does DiCaprio, so I expect this will be a satisfying biopic. I'm also extremely curious to see how Michael Westen a.k.a. Jeffrey Donovan handles his role as Robert Kennedy. It could be the role to step him up to the big screen, not that I want Burn Notice to end anytime soon.


 
Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Jack and Jill I enjoy a good Adam Sandler flick so when he starts making them again, be sure to let me know won't you? The slapstick comedy looks like it'll cause more eye-rolling than side-splitting. I should support my girl, but as longtime readers know, Katie's made it very clear she's moved on. I may chose to see this in the unheated discomfort of the cheap theater. At least then I can be numb to the pain it may cause.


Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


Happy Veteran's Day everyone.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment