Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Trailer Trash: July 3 of 2012

I feel like we just had a slew of new movies to come out. That's right, we did! This whole Fourth of July being in the middle of the week is just throwing me completely off. It's also throwing off theaters seeing as how one movie opens today, another on Thursday and yet another on Friday. Got that? Neither do I.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07.03) I wasn't thrilled with Marvel rebooting the Spider-man franchise so quickly. I was satisfied with the work Raimi and Co. had done. But alas, all things must change and, with summer flicks, they must evolve with younger, hipper stars to reel in young money. That said, I'm still stoked to see this. Okay, I'm most excited about Emma Stone, but Rhys Ifans, Sally Field and Denis Leary should make great entertainment. And Andrew Garfield isn't too bad himself. 

Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation! 


Katy Perry: Part of Me (07.05) Yes, I am a grown ass man and yes I do intend to see Katy's concert-biography flick.  At least she's old enough to have had actual shit happen during her rise to stardom unlike a certain other, less impressive teen heartthrob. Not that I need to justify going, I just need to not feel awkward being a grown ass man in a theater full of teens.




Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Savages (07.06) Jeez, does this look fucking painful! I can't say that I'm a huge fan of all of Oliver Stone's projects, but I haven't been this annoyed with a trailer since the Smurfs teaser. I believe I'm most annoyed because I expect something more intriguing from Stone and this just seems like a lot of flash and bother. I'll probably rent this at some point if I hear enough positive buzz, but I can use these two plus hours to go enjoy Spider-Man or Katy Perry a second time instead of taking a risk on this.


Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy. 


Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment