Monday, June 15, 2009

MMM: Take this Pink Ribbon Off my Eyes

This past week I got to stretch out under the setting sun one evening and enjoy some live tunes. It was a great bill featuring the Sounds, Paramore and No Doubt. Despite Paramore being the current hit holder with all their Twilight soundtrack songs, let me clarify to younger audiences that No Doubt was, in fact, the headliner.

For the five of you that may not know, No Doubt is a California rock group featuring lead singer Gwen Stefani. They started back in 1986, and have reunited for a summer tour. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm glad they swung by my neck of the woods. I had seen Gwen Stefani on her solo tour about two years back. She gave a great show especially considering it only cost me $10. This time around No Doubt and Company set me back a whopping $15. One thing about it, you can't get more bang for the buck. Especially not at today's typical concert prices.

It was a blast, but of their seventeen or so songs performed they skipped one of my faves. It's no surprise since this particular tune never did all that well when originally released. Heck, I don't even think I heard it until some years later. Lucky for us, it's the Monday Mood Music selection so we can all enjoy it:

No Doubt - Bathwater


This made my second concert for the summer. Who are you most excited to see this summer?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. No Doubt put on an energetic show, but I believe Maxwell's crowd is going to be far more attentive. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't they though? I think Maxwell's crowd will just be amazed that he's still alive, well, and finally releasing new music!

    ReplyDelete