Monday, July 19, 2010

MMM: Blessed are the Cheesemakers

Odd title for today's mood music selection, but if you watch the Cooking Channel's show Unique Eats featuring the Grilled Cheese Truck, you'd have cheese on the brain, too. I'm going to plan a trip to LA specifically to try their Cheesy Mac and Rib; a sandwich stuffed with macaroni and cheese between slices of cheese with bbq pork and caramelized onions. My arteries are hardening just thinking about it. But what's the point of life if you can't enjoy it?

Since I'm on the subject of life, death and television, another show I caught this past weekend was the season finale of the Graham Norton Show on BBC America. It airs after Doctor Who and, when the guest is interesting like this episode's Janet Jackson and Tyler Perry, I'll watch. Always looking for a good laugh, I was also curious about comedian Marcus Brigstocke. Brigstocke was there to promote the UK tour of Spamalot in which he plays King Arthur.

The best part of the show was when Spamalot creator and member of Monty Python, Eric Idle, popped in to hype the production and sing a little ditty. It wasn't a song from the musical, but the most remembered song from Monty Python's Life of Brian. Fun fact: In less than one month it will have been 31 years since the Life of Brian opened in theaters? Now you know, but I digress. While a great ending to the movie, the song, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, gained the most popularity as a football chant (that's soccer to us Americans) in the early 90's.

Watching Eric Idle perform his song ruled! Now I can't get it out of my head. Why don't you give a whistle with me. Oh! If, for some insane reason, you haven't seen Life of Brian in these past 31 years, but are planning to do so;

1- what the hell are you still waiting for!
and
2- this might spoil the ending just a bit.

Eric Idle:
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. There's actually a very cute book by an Irish author I think called, Blessed are the cheesemakers. Apropos of nothing but your title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! who knew? Well, I guess you did. :-)

    ReplyDelete