Monday, July 26, 2010

MMM: Stopped Before Started

Morning stargazers. I can't believe my last post was Wednesday! I had planned to drop three more posts by last week's end, but it's Monday so obviously that didn't happen. Best laid plans and all that. Here's hoping this week I'll start and finish strong.

Thinking about abrupt endings led me to this week's artist. French singer and actress, Stéphanie Sokolinski a.k.a. Soko, was a rising star in the music business back in 2007 thanks to her song I'll Kill Her. The song became a hit in several countries. Soko went on to tour with MIA and continued to tour with various other artists throughout 2008. Things were looking up, but in 2009 Soko decided to quit the music business despite having recorded a double album.

She has since returned to acting and was even nominated for a César award earlier this year. Whether singing or acting, seems like she's a natural. Maybe we'll get that to hear that album one day, but until then we can still enjoy the song that started the ball rolling.

Soko - I'll Kill Her


Got any projects you're looking to pick up again? Now's as good a time as any.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

3 comments:

  1. I can see why that one stuck in your head. Maybe not as karaoke-friendly as "You Oughta Know," but definitely one for the canon of vengeful break-up tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def, it's getting stuck in mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Always nice to get a catchy tune bouncing around in someone else's head.

    ReplyDelete