Friday, July 9, 2010

FMK Friday: Dissed Community

A little late in the day, but as long as it's Friday we've still got time to for a new round of Fuck, Marry Kill! To play, I present you my readers, with three people. You must decide which person you'd like to bed, which you'd wed and which you want dead. It's not always as simple as it sounds.

Two weeks ago, the three randoms were the women who were so crazy over Tom Cruise that they married him. With nine total votes cast, it's time to see how Nicole Kidman, Mimi Rogers and Katie Holmes fared:

Fuck Nicole,
Marry
Mimi,

Kill
Katie


Taking a closer look at the votes we see:

Fuck Katie: Despite Nicole winning it all in the individual voting, the consensus is that Katie Holmes is your go-to gal for steaming the sheets. I had to pass on fucking Katie. Instead, I chose to roll around with Mimi. How nice would it be to work yourself into a lather and then collapse into the warm softness of her flesh pillows?

Marry Mimi: Everyone wants to marry Ms. Rogers. I'm sure she'd be a great companion, but considering she's on her third marriage, I feel Katie is truly the marrying kind. You'd have to be a stepfather to "Tom's child," but at least Katie's workload isn't so hectic that you couldn't share the responsibilities equally.

Kill Katie: What has Katie ever done to you?! I think this is just a knee-jerk reaction to the unfortunate press surrounding Cruise's craziness. Given the chance, I'd whack Nicole. Certainly a great actress, but the woman looks like some sort of scrawny banshee. I wouldn't be surprised if attempts to end her life wouldn't end with a pox upon your entire bloodline!

***

Round 3 of FMK is a reflection on this week's Emmy nominations. While I was ecstatic that Glee, Mad Men and Modern Family ruled, I'm ticked one of my favorite shows, Community, was snubbed. All movie fans should adore Community. It's chock full of pop culture references and whip smart dialogue. If you didn't know, now you know. To show them much respect, it's time for you to decide...

Fuck, Marry, Kill
Rising Stars of Community
From left to right:
Danny Pudi, As Abed, he's socially awkward, but the ultimate pop culture junkie. He's so in tune with entertainment he can out-Draper Jon Hamm;
Ken Jeong; One might argue his stars at its pinnacle, but trust me when I say, he's just getting started. He may have the body of a fifth grader, but his comedy is so ferocious they call him el Tigre;
Donald Glover; Troy may be a jock riding the fumes of his high school accomplishments, but Donald is on the way to being an all-star of comedy.

Round 3 will run for two weeks, plenty of time to get to know these up-and-comers. Choose wisely.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment