Monday, September 20, 2010

MMM: I Can't Pay My Rent...

But I'm fuckin' gorgeous. Those lyrics are the reason why I will be struggling to 'make dat money' at work today. The event that I was so stoked about in April finally came to pass last night; Lady Gaga ended the US leg of her 2010 Monster's Ball Tour here in Raleigh, NC.

I haven't had a Sunday night filled with such wildly dressed people bursting with crazed energy in like, two weeks! Gaga's show was amazing. I'm still trying to tally up the number of set and costume changes. Her opener, Semi Precious Weapons, was probably the best hype-band she could ask for. They really got the crowd wet and excited for Lady Gaga; their words, not mine, but I wish they were mine. They are also responsible for the spanky sentiment of this week's post's title.

This post, however, is not about Gaga's opener. It's about what a kick ass time her show was. Though she'll be overseas for a while, you Little Monsters are lucky she'll be coming back around in 2011. I suggest you pick up a ticket while you can.

In the meantime, here's a pretty decent video of my favorite song which she performed for her encore. I couldn't find a video from the Raleigh show, but this one is from her August show at the Staples Center. It's a little jumpy, but knowing how rowdy the crowd was, kudos to the videographer for capturing it this well.

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance


This was how I spent my Sunday night. What did you do?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got tickets! I waited around till the last minute and she was sold out.

    Maybe next time.

    Looked like an awesome show though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome. I snatched up tickets the first day they went on sale. Didn't want to miss out.

    ReplyDelete