Friday, September 10, 2010

Trailer Trash: The September 10th Quickie

I know I'm throwing around the word "quickie" on the site a lot lately, but I promise it won't always be so. I'm still trying to regain some semblance of normalcy after my crazy long weekend in Atlanta. I have muchos photos to sort and organize into albums. Don't worry, these are not for my eyes only; I'll be sharing soon.

In the meantime, we need to discuss this weekend's box office offerings.
According to IMDb, there are seven films opening to some degree or another this week. I'm really only concerned about the two wide releases; who knows when the rest of these will actually see the dark of the matinee in my local theater? Neither film is Earth-shattering, but one will most likely get my money before the other. Can you guess which one?


The Virginity Hit (09.10) I haven't heard much buzz about this film, other than it comes from producers Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, but I'm mildly intrigued. It looks like a cross between Jackass and BBC's The Inbetweeners. Actually, I believe there's an Inbetweeners marathon this weekend. Sorry, movie; you lose.



Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Resident Evil: Afterlife (09.10) I've sat through all of the Resident Evil films, the good and the bad, so why would I abandon the franchise now? Granted, I'd sooner stab an icepick in my ear than sit through a 3D film, but I can never have too much ass-kicking Milla Jovovich. Although, if the trailers are any indication, there appear to be more murderous Millas than even I can handle.


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

That's a wrap, stargazers! I'm off to enjoy some fried seafood and blues. Hopefully, that will be the kind of comfort evening I need to get fully rejuvenated.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing all those "Are you a virgin? If so call this number" ads for the Virginity Hit, but other than that have heard very little. Is it like Will Ferrell's take on 40 YO Virgin? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sadako: I never saw those ads. The only trailer I saw was from the VH website. I've heard very little good about the movie so far, let's hope Ferrell wasn't hoping it'd be the new 40YOV, haha!

    ReplyDelete