Monday, September 13, 2010

MMM: I Just Want You To Stay

Due to Labor Day, or rather, me being stuck in an airport all day on Labor Day, I was unable to post a Monday Mood Music last week. Based on your silence, I can only assume no one was heartbroken.

However, today's just another Monday so I owe you quality music to kick off your week. My selection is in honor of Peter Cetera, who turns 66 today. Movie fans may remember him as the guy who wrote the mid-80's love ballad Glory of Love which was the theme song for The Karate Kid, Part II.

Long before his solo success, Peter was a member of Chicago. It wasn't until the music video age that he was dubbed their "frontman." During his time with Chicago, Peter wrote and sang lead on many of the bands best loved songs. His biggest hit came ten years before the Glory of Love with a song that went to No. 1 with a bullet all over the world. In honor of Mr. Cetera's birthday and his awesome musical contributions over the years, I hope you enjoy:

Chicago - If You Leave Me Now

Sometimes a nice mellow groove makes for a good start to the week. Do you dig Peter's 'do?

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment