Friday, November 19, 2010

Trailer Trash: The November 19th Quickie

I'm ashamed to admit it, but for all my recent buzzing over some of November's new releases, I haven't been to the theater either of the past two weekends.  The DT's are pretty unbearable at this point so I am hoping a potent injection of mainstream movies will bring me down.

According to IMDb, this weekend promises only two major releases, studios opting to instead hold the film flood until Thanksgiving Eve. Luckily these two choices comprise some of the best options stargazers have had for entertainment... and for me to get my fix.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1  The adverts tout "It All Ends Here" except that it doesn't really. This is Part 1, the true end won't satisfy Potheads until July 2011. Nevertheless, this is the beginning of the end to a franchise that has defined a decade of moviegoers. The snippets and characters previewed excite me, though I'm wary it may be as poorly adapted as the Half-Blood Prince. I've never been a huge fan of the films, but at this point in the series, studios can consider my next two tickets boughten.

Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!
       

The Next Three Days Creators picked the perfect title. The overall success of the latest Russell Crowe flick hinges on its box office performance the next three days. The Banks-able magic of his co-star will never be enough to expelliarmus Potter from the top spot, but will their combined mojo even be enough to defeat Megamind or keep Unstoppable's train from pulling into third? Only the next three days will tell.


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.
 
 ---

A couple of decent selections for the weekend. I'll be playing catch up the next three days and I have more options than I do hours to watch them. Exciting!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I heard The Next Three Days did bad and Potter made a lot of bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to see Next Three Days, but I'm guessing I'll catch it at the cheap theater.

    ReplyDelete