Monday, December 1, 2008

MMM: One you Can Really Party to

*This post is on the Wrath of McCoy! auto-pilot.*

It's hard to believe but I've been cranking out the Monday Mood Music post for well over two months. In all those weeks, I have neglected to showcase an artist from my state. It's time to remedy that oversight today.

A few weeks back I watched Bill Maher's documentary Religulous. While I haven't found the time to post my review of this entertaining film, one thing I enjoyed was the music. One appropriately matched song I instantly recognized as a tune created by a native of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This gentleman is especially well-known in the Triangle area of NC, but many may recognize him as the frontman of Ben Folds Five. This week's mood music selection, however, is from Ben Folds's 2005 album, Songs for Silverman. Welcome to

Jesusland



North Carolina Represent!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

4 comments:

  1. HEY!!!

    Now you've got someone I really like!

    I own every one of Ben's albums, with the Five and solo. Jesusland is one of his best off the last two albums, easily.

    I'm pissed because we just missed him here in concert a few weeks back. It's been forever and a half since I saw him live, and he puts on a hell of a show. Though I do have a few live albums...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think Fletch and RW are twins, separated at birth. The Whore and I saw Ben Folds solo back in '06. It was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never tell. Though I don't think we resemble each other all that much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see the resemblance either Fletch - though the common interests are uncanny at times.

    ReplyDelete