Monday, June 1, 2009

MMM: Why the Wait Kate?

Welcome to another Monday Mood Music! The date's June 1, which reminded me of the website thesixtyone. I don't visit the site as much as I did a year ago, but it's been pretty busy around here. The same must be true for this week's artist.

She had me with the first note when I discovered her tracks on thesixtyone. After finding her in spring '08, I was telling all my friends the name Kate Earl would be all too familiar to them by summer's end. The only thing I wasn't certain of was which song, Melody, Golden Street or Only in Dreams, would be her break out single.

I became glum when her second album's summer '08 release date shifted to fall '08. At last check, it's set for release in summer '09. June 1 is dangerously close to what I'd call summer, but there's still no firm date scheduled. My money is in hand and I've been waiting patiently. Dear, dear Kate, when can I exchange these for a cd and harmonious satisfaction?

I will not suffer alone. Get ready to join me in pacing frustratedly for Ms. Earl's next album.

Kate Earl - Melody

Melody (live acoustic) from Kate Earl on Vimeo.

If you want to know more about Kate Earl, check out her website. You can also listen to the NPR interview she did for her debut album, Fate is the Hunter.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment