Friday, January 15, 2010

Uh, Hello? HERPES!

No, it's not herpes. That was a joke, and a false alarm. But seriously, I do have a fever and it's for FX's new show Archer which premiered last night.

The show follows the employees of ISIS, an international spy agency as they work to avert plots of both the world domination and petty office kind. Elite spy Sterling Archer, codename Duchess, is at the heart of every global mission and agency squabble.


The cast, from left to right, features Cyril Figgis (Chris Parnell, TV: 30 Rock), Malory Archer (Jessica Walter, TV: Arrested Development), Sterling Archer (H. Jon Benjamin, TV: Home Movies), Cheryl Carol (Judy Greer, 27 Dresses), and Woodhouse (George Coe, Funny People).

Oh, and let's not forget there's also


BROWN SUGAR!!!

better known as Lana Kane (Aisha Tyler, Balls of Fury). Although following Aisha Tyler was how I first learned of the show, she's only one of many reasons to watch it.

I can't tell you how many times the insanity of the show made me laugh out loud; and that was just the first episode. Fair warning, the show is intended for mature audiences, so put little Timmy to bed and prepare yourself for some language and animated adult situations.


Needless to say, my DVR is programmed to record the entire series and I suggest you set yours the same.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

6 comments:

  1. Already got it set to record all eps, but haven't watched any yet. Psyched to now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Everyone else just stares at me blankly when I mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished watching the first ep tonight, actually. I dig it - great, great voice talent. H. Jon Benjamin cracks me up, man. I'll be watching future eps, for sure; sadly, Mrs. Fletch has decided after less than one show that she doesn't like it. Whatever.

    Dare I say that Aisha's cartoon version is even hotter than the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HBJ is great. I get a kick out of Chris Parnell, too.

    Mrs. Whore is the exact opposite, she avoids watching it so she won't get hooked on yet another show.

    Lana Kane is pretty damn hot - it's the thigh high boot/short skirt combo. The only way we'd know is if Aisha Tyler would dress like Lana so we could compare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The only way we'd know is if Aisha Tyler would dress like Lana so we could compare!"

    Ha! I think you should post something on your buddy Aisha's Twitter account asking for something like that...complete with pictures of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pondering that very same thing! Great minds...great, dirty minds.

    ReplyDelete