Friday, August 5, 2011

Trailer Trash: The August 5th Quickie

Welcome to August stargazers! It's that transitional month between the last summer hopefuls and the beginning of the deluge of movies that didn't cut the mustard as blockbusters or award contenders. The last few weeks at the movies have been surprisingly enjoyable, but will this week's releases keep up the trend? According to IMDb that task rests upon these two releases:


The Change-Up At every turn I hear serious hate towards The Change-Up. Hell, even I was down on it when I first read the premise. Then I saw the trailers and my deep affection for the comedic talents of Jason Bateman, Ryan Reynolds and Leslie Mann overruled all sensibility. The bathroom humor will no doubt be too much, but I'm going to watch these three rise above the lowest common denominator.
 
 
Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Rise of the Planet of the Apes I've wrestled with my feelings for Rise. First thoughts are that it looks awesome and who doesn't love James Franco? Then again, all that crazy monkey action in the trailer might just be the last fifteen minutes of a plodding two-hour film. I took one last look at the trailer this morning and, fuck it! This is man vs. monkey and may the best primate win!



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!

I still haven't gotten around to seeing Captain America, but I've got a free ticket I've been saving for just such an occasion. Since I've actually already seen The Change-Up, that should give me plenty of time to see Cap in action. What will you venture out to see this weekend?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment