Friday, August 26, 2011

Trailer Trash: The August 26th Quickie

I'll be damned if it isn't the end of August. I swear I was eating hot dogs on the Fourth just a couple weeks ago. As the saying goes, time flies when you have shit to do. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Still applies. Anyways, one thing on my must-do list, assuming Hurricane Irene visits, is to go to the movies and catch up on some movies I've missed over the past few weeks. That is unless the new releases (see IMDb ) are must-see offerings. Let's have a look see.   


Colombiana I admit I've already seen this, but had I not gotten to see an advance screening, I wouldn't have sliced into my cheddar to rush out this weekend. Luc Besson is can't-miss when it comes to penning and producing action flicks. That said, it'd be much easier to wrap a foil Juicy Fruit wrapper around Saldana than it is to wrap my head around her as an unstoppable killer.


Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Our Idiot Brother Very little about this premise appeals to me, but my man-crush on Paul Rudd won't let me skip it. Even through all the scruffiness he's got going on, I can't say no to that face...or Zooey Deschanel's...or Elizabeth Banks-able Banks'... or Rashida Jones'. You get the point; it's a great cast in a questionable movie. I've committed to far worse.



Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Don't Be Afraid of the Dark How can I put this? Katie and I haven't been...cinematic in quite some time. It's a long story, but I have my reasons. I'd be willing to put aside our familial issues if her latest film looked more, well, interesting. I'd have to put my faith in Guillermo del Toro's writing to take this up a notch, but from what the trailers have shown I'm only confident the creature effects will be worth the price of admission.


Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 
With so many middling movies, it looks like I am safe to play catch up on last week's Fright Night and the much-anticipated TrollHunter. What's on your watch list for the weekend?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

1 comment:

  1. If internet movie critics are a dime a dozen, may I suggest that the amount you throw in is not expressed as "$.0083 cents", but rather $.0083 or .83 cents. Thank you for my time.

    ReplyDelete