Friday, September 9, 2011

Trailer Trash: The September 9th Quickie

While I have been MIA for the past week, I'm guessing all my stargazers were like this:

DOCTOR
Unfortunately, he's away at a nerd festival.

STARGAZER
Right. Uh, so can I read some new content?

DOCTOR
I'm sorry. Your blogger is out of town.

STARGAZER
(pausing) 
What are you talking about? What happened to him?!


WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!

Okay, so maybe my dear readers weren't that bent out of shape, but I hope my absence was noted. Now, I'm back to discuss the three major releases, as listed by IMDb


Contagion If you didn't notice, I'm more than a little excited about Contagion. A great director with a stellar cast, including Matt Damon yelling at people. I didn't need to see anything else to sell me, although the inclusion of a second Spank Bank inductee, Sanaa Lathan,  was icing on the cake. 





Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!

 
Warrior Sigh. I can't even count all the ways I'm not interested in this. Sadly, I feel like I should be at least moderately psyched to watch Warrior. It's got Tom Hardy and Jennifer Morrison. It's got fighting. But it has also got icky-stick tendrils waiting to lash out and latch onto my heartstrings and yank the shit out of them. That's something I'm just not in the mood for right now.



Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star Oh, Nick Swardson, I so want you to have a hit comedy movie, but the trailers are telling me that this will not be that movie. The raunchy premise is one that the Reel Whore can't ignore, but I prefer to be pleasantly surprised at the second-run theater than disappointed on opening weekend.




Verdict:  It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 
Being out of town last weekend has put my severely behind in movie watching, so I need to gets to getting. I hope you find a fun film diversion; that's my plan.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment