Friday, January 20, 2012

Trailer Trash: January 20 of 2012

This week's new releases look way better than a couple weeks ago. IMDb says there are three new films to check out. and by all accounts they look worth our time.


Haywire I remember Carano's brief performance in Blood and Bone a couple years back and I'm looking forward to her kicking ass and taking names. She's surrounded by a nice assembly of actors and Soderbergh's behind it. What have I got to lose?  







Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation! 
 

Red Tails Never been war for period war films, but this looks pretty engaging. There's lots of good dog fights and though their aren't many big names in it, the acting looks to be on point. When I get a chance, I'll be giving this one a chance.







Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.
 

Underworld: Awakening

Kate Beckinsale's back - check!
She's poured into latex - check!
She's looking hot - double check!
She's kicking ass - check!
It's in 3D - boo!

Four out of 5 isn't bad. Count me in.




Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation! 


What will you be watching this weekend?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

3 comments:

  1. I Love Red Tails this movie is just Awesome! I watched it because you featured it on your blog. Thanks it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see Haywire? I dug it a lot. It won't stay with you forever, but it'll certainly entertain you for the 100 minutes you give it.

    Why not just watch the first Underworld again? Those flicks hold no interest for me.

    Just noticed that you recently switched up the date format for this post. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @film - You're welcome!

    @Dylan- Sorry for the late response, damnable moderation.

    I have seen haywire and enjoyed it. Loved the physicality. Hoping we'll see more of Gina. Had a much different vibe than, say, Salt where a waify Jolie knocks out dudes 3x her size in one blow.

    I almost did watch Underworld #1 for the vault. As excited as I sound for Underworld, I put it in the cheap theater queue, no need to waste money on it.

    I've always switched up the title format when I start a new year of TT. Just trying to give it a slightly different look. If I want a different look, I should really do that site overhaul I keep threatening to do.

    ReplyDelete