Monday, August 31, 2009

MMM: Whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah'...

Stargazers, can you believe September is right around the corner? What's even harder for me to believe is that in less than a month it will have been a year since I let the doctors get a hold of me. After all their slicing, dicing and watch-leaving, I had four long months of recovery and then BAM! it was back to the daily grind. Since February, movies have been my primary source of diversion. That is until now. Reel Whore is headed to DragonCon for my first vacation since July '08!

As I sift and sort my way through the massive tome the Con calls the Pocket Guide, I can't help but hum the only tune appropriate for an exciting road trip. Oh yes, as a child molded by eighties movies, this Monday Mood Music selection encapsulates the giddiness building within me. I can only hope I experience nothing as disheartening or frustrating on my excursion as Clark Griswold did driving the Truckster cross country in National Lampoon's Vacation.

I don't know about you, but Holiday Road is one helluva fun song. I always associate this song with Chevy Chase and the hilarious hi jinks of the Griswolds. Until today I never knew it was performed by Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I also never knew it had one of the most boring music videos ever. The blank faces, foggy background and red lighting tries to suck the peppiness right out of the song. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's your chance to see Holiday Road in a whole different light:

Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham

...Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks like a weird homage ot "Brazil" or something. And that is probably the shortest song I've ever seen a music video for, besides POTUSA's "Lump".

    At least he could've had shots from the movie thrown in or something.
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song only has like four lines and then Holiday Road gets repeated over and over and over.

    It does have a kind of Brazil vibe. It would've greatly benefited from some film clips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeesh, they sort 80s-ized the fun right out of that song, didn't they? And I was a little scared of all the makeup LB was wearing - even for the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, LB's got some serious makeup. Looks like he was ready to dropped in the casket with that foundation of goo he was sporting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DragonCon? Ok Wayne, I'm officially scared. Hope you had fun, though I feel I'll be seeing some more about it in upcoming posts.

    "Until today I never knew it was performed by Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac."

    Haha - I saw the YouTube vid sitting there with its title and before I'd read the post, I played a snippet for Mrs. Fletch and asked her if she knew who sang it. She said no. I told her that a) I couldn't believe I'd gone my whole life not knowing who sang it and that b) I felt compelled to like Buckingham a smidgeon more now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D*C was fun. My first time there. I'd like to go back, but it'd depend on the celebs in attendance more than anything.

    I enjoyed so much stuff from the 80's, yet I know so little about it. The discovery of things despised being connected to things loved is always a shock.

    ReplyDelete