Monday, November 9, 2009

MMM: I'm Driving You Over

I hope you didn't mind last week's impromptu tune barrage. We now return to our regularly scheduled Monday Mood Music. My blog buddy, Invisible Woman, revisited this flick over on Soul Sis-Star Reviews a few weeks back. Since then, the ridiculously funny spoof songs from the soundtrack have been stuck in my head. It didn't help that I also watched the film's star in his new documentary last weekend either.

I bet you're wondering what celebrity could have starred in a spoof and a documentary? Well, I'm talking about Chris Rock whose documentary, Good Hair, I'll be reviewing later this week. The spoof to which I'm referring? CB4. The film CB4, which stands for Cell Block 4 for those who haven't seen the film, is the story of three aspiring rappers who are looking for the gimmick they need to skyrocket themselves to fame. The winning gimmick they discover is gangsta rap and they use the recently incarcerated, neighborhood crime boss's m.o. as their shtick. Can't you see where this is going?

There are a lot of great and under appreciated things about CB4, including the very cute Rachel True in her first film role playing Chris Rock's girlfriend, but the thing I will always remember is the group's ridiculous songs. This song, a riff on NWA's Straight Outta Compton, was a particular favorite. I can't tell you how many times I've set folks up with the phrase "do you know where yo moms is at?" It's just silliness, but sometimes silly is a good way to start the week.

CB4 - Straight Outta Locash

All this CB4 talk is making me want to watch it again. Don't you hate when that happens?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Thanks for the shout my film brother in arms...

    It's funny, cause people used to say I reminded them of Rachel when she was on TV...same hair, same skin coloring...same uhhh..."interesting and unique" personality and dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @IW- They say everyone in the world has a twin. Maybe Rachel is yours, though that may be too much cuteness in the world.

    Ppl say I've got one - I just assume it's my dream version.

    @Aron- I haven't had a chance to watch your doc yet, but I've faved it for later consumption. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete