Monday, February 8, 2010

MMM: I Like Bread and Butter, I Like...

I've been meaning to post about this group for quite some time. With their concert breezing into town in just two weeks, what better time than today to induct them into the Monday Mood Music?

I've dug this group since hearing their second single back in 1998. Back then the Black Eyed Peas members were Will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and Kim Hill. For those that don't know, she's the background singer that preceded Fergie. Although today's mood music selection is before Fergie's time, I am by no means a Fergie hater as many are. She's come along way since Kid's Incorporated and deserves some credit.

I'll do a feature on her at a later point. Today I want to revisit the song that made me hip to the Black Eyed Peas. It's the second single from their debut album, Behind the Front. Fun tidbit for those latecomers to the BEP revolution, the Peas released two albums prior to Elephunk. Here's a taste of their pre-Fergie days:

Black Eyed Peas - Joints & Jam

This music video was so simple yet kick-ass and literally in-your-face.

Do you consider yourself a fan or a hater of the BEPs?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment