Monday, February 22, 2010

MMM: Melancholy Monday

After the first warm and sunny weekend in months, Monday brings with it more rain and cold weather. I should be thankful I had a nice weekend to enjoy, but you can't help but get a little depressed. Instead of trying to brighten this week's mood with something chipper or upbeat, I've decided to embrace the dreary mood.

I first heard this artist over at Daytrotter. I don't get over there as often as I'd like, but they've got a nifty little cyberniche for discovering great music and artists. Artists such as singer-songwriter Jessica Lea Mayfield. I haven't had time to learn much about her, but I can't get enough of her sad songs. Even with all the sunny skies shining down on me this weekend, I found myself listening to her album, With Blasphemy So Heartfelt, for like, the twentieth time. Hmm, maybe I brought this murky Monday on myself... Unlikely. While I ponder how I'm going to shake off this case of the Mondays, why not give Jessica Lea's tune, Kiss Me Again a listen:


Jessica Lea Mayfield - Kiss Me Again


How's your Monday outlook?

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment