Tuesday, November 2, 2010

RW Quarterly, Vol. III - Issue 3

Any whore worth his salt knows you have to step back from the daily grind now and again to do a little bookkeeping. The Reel Whore Quarterly indexes all the films I've seen over the last 3 months.



 

Every review I've posted is linked. Films italicized in blue are in the review queue so be sure to check back for those. If a film below deserves a whore-treatment but isn't slated to receive it, request it!


You may notice something a little different about this quarterly edition. If you guessed it's being posted over a month later than usual, that's a bingo! I remembered the quarterly was overdue weeks ago, but I've had a time trying to find time to squeeze in the update. Considering there was no uproar from the masses, I assume it was not missed.

As I reflect on the third quarter of 2010, I am surprised I reviewed more films than originally thought. I watched 32 films this quarter (July through September), a personal worst for me in a long time, but of those I reviewed 13. Having reviewed all 32 films would look much more impressive, but one must have a goal to strive for.

I'm hoping to see a huge upswing during these last two months of 2010.  I've already amassed over a dozen viewings thanks to the influx of zombie flix this past month. While I still find comfort in the warm glow of my television, I anticipate some worthy award contenders to draw me back into the dark of the matinee.

If you see an unreviewed film below that you want my opinion on, please call my attention to it. I've been hellalame about honoring requests this year, but honestly, I am trying to do better.

The Reel Whore's Movies Watched
July 1 to September 30, 2010

85. Whip It
86. Avatar: The Last Airbender
87. From Paris with Love
88. The Burbs
89. Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
90. Predators
91. Splice
92. Horsemen
93. Blood and Bone
94. Inception
95. Heavenly Creatures
96. Sorcerer's Apprentice
97. Exiled
98. Salt
99. Get Him to the Greek
100. How to Train Your Dragon
101. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
102. Cyrus
103. Winter's Bone
104. Dinner for Schmucks
105. The Other Guys
106. The Kids Are All Right
107. The Expendables
108. Brooklyn's Finest
109. Eat Pray Love
110. The Switch
111. Defendor
112. The Girl Who Played with Fire
113. Pirahna
114. Machete
115. Get Low
116. You Again

* Movies in Blue are currently in my review queue.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment