Friday, October 14, 2011

Trailer Trash: The October 14th Quickie

A bright and sunny weekend lies ahead, the State Fair is in town and AMC's The Walking Dead premiers. This leaves very little time for going to the movies. If you or I do make it to the theater, IMDb says there are three major releases looking to lure us away from its competitors. The question is which, if any, has the right stuff to do just that?


Footloose The idea of banning dancing and good ol' Rock'n'Roll seemed redonkulous in 1982 and remaking the concept for today's headphones-wired-into-our-cortex society deserves a new descriptor. How about Footfukintardtastic?

Maybe not. No worries. I've got plenty of time to come up with one since I'll be staying way the fuck away from this one.


Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


The Big Year I'm very excited about The Big Year. Don't misunderstand, the trailers gives me some serious heebie-jeebies. I'm guessing this will be a colossal fail. I'm excited because its release means Steve Martin will be hosting SNL very soon thus tying Alec Baldwin's record. Those eps are always a blast to watch.




Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


The Thing No lie, I watched the original for the first time two days ago and it held up pretty damned well. Not sure how this remake will fair, but its got three things going for it;

Mary,
Elizabeth,
Winstead.  

North Carolina Represent!


Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Daylight's burning stargazers. I'm off to enjoy the hell out of my weekend and I hope you do the same.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Moist for The New Thing based solely off Winstead's inclusion? I hope that worked out for you, as it's gotten blasted to hell by everyone who has come within 50 feet of it.

    A shame. I, too, saw the original for the first time relatively recently, and hell yeah it holds up. What a great flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really got a kick out of the new Thing. It's actually a prequel and that's what made it enjoyable for me. It connects seamlessly to the original without having to have seen the first. MEW wasn't my only reason to see it; having just seen the original got me amped up more than anything.

    ReplyDelete