Friday, June 15, 2012

Trailer Trash: June 15 of 2012

Looking at this week's new releases, I'm glad I was out of town and unable to see Prometheus because at least I still have a reason to go to the movies. Maybe the offerings aren't that bad, you tell me. 

Rock of Ages What's going on here? I'm not averse to a musical, but Alec Baldwin looks ridiculous, and not in his usual fun 30 Rock way. I'm glad Catherine Zeta-Jones still knows her way around a film set, but most of all, I'm excited knowing Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx will be the undisputed highlight of this entire mess. Even so, I'll wait to see this mess in the fall, after I've worked my way through all the really good summer films.  


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 

That's My Boy As long as an Adam Sandler project doesn't involve Kevin James and Chris Rock, I'm usually on board. I'm also ready to see if Andy Samberg will ever make something of himself beyond SNL. Not that Hot Rod was that bad, but he's still got a ways to go. My biggest reason to see this is Eva Amurri and the fact that it has an R-rating instead of cow-toeing to the PG-13 crowd like Sandler usually does.   


Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


Will any of you be headed to see these, or will you, like me be checking out Prometheus?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment