Monday, February 9, 2009

MMM: Simultaneous Release

Morning Stargazers. Last week's mood music had quite a story accompanying it. This week I'll be brief.

I chose these fellas thanks to a MMM comment from fellow blogger Fletch over at Blog Cabins a couple weeks back. I've been enjoying them since I started high school. I wanted to reach back and pull one of their first big recognizable hits from the early nineties. However, my mind kept coming back to one of their later music videos which I absolutely love. This video is an homage to the evolution of rock with the Red Hot Chili Peppers sporting different outfits and themes from the Beatles to Hendrix to Nirvana. So RHCP fans, have no fear that another of their great songs will appear at a later date on MMM. Until then enjoy:


Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Dani California




Fun fact: RHCP's bassist, Flea, starred in the final two Back to the Future films and my one of my all-time favorite flicks, The Big Lebowski.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Flea was in Son-in-Law, too.


    What, you don't love S-i-L? C'mon!

    I'll always love the RHCP, but I'm not too big a fan of anything they've done post-Californication. I didn't even buy Stadium Arcadium. I'm sure I'd like it fine enough, but their best stuff is their funkiest stuff. All-time favorite Peppers song? Sir Psycho Sexy, followed by Soul to Squeeze or maybe their Rollercoaster of Love cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S-i-L?! Man, you're digging up my shameful teenage past now. I know I saw it, but don't remember any of it...buuuddddyyyy.

    Rollercoaster is awesome. I've always loved Under the Bridge, maybe it's cuz I understand all the words. I liked Scar Tissue. The crazy video is really what sells Dani for me.

    ReplyDelete