Monday, October 19, 2009

MMM: Ignoring the Elephant in the Room

There's nothing like waking up with a little morning poll, is there? This Monday Mood Music artist is the reason for that poll. No, not in that way. While I think she has a nice body, I don't find her attractive. The wife and I both agree that her platinum hair isn't doing her any favors when combined with her facial features. Considering the blondness of one's hair has a directly proportional relationship to a female artist's popularity (see also Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Shakira, Beyoncé, etc.), I can't fault her for going for the gold.

At the Whore House, her looks aren't the problem. The contention lies in her music. The wife has never been a fan of dance or electronic music whereas I enjoy it quite a bit. While she enjoyed this young lady's first release, her ire has only increased with each subsequent release. I, on the other hand, enjoy her music, though her latest single is not my favorite from her debut album.

In talks with friends and from the interwebs, time and again I find she is, at best, an acquired taste. That's why I want to know what do my readers think of Lady Gaga? To help you judge her purely on talent, I've found the song most hated by my wife, but with a slight twist. This is a video of an excellent acoustic version of Poker Face which Lady Gaga performed live in Tokyo. If you've never heard her without the synthetic beats, here's your chance:

Lady Gaga - Poker Face (acoustic)

Now, tell me what you think of Ms. Germanotta.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I admit that she's got a good voice and she's easy on the keys. Why hide all the talent under the dance beats? And is that a bat on her head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very talented and it'll be interesting to see how she evolves her persona over the years.

    Nope, it's an elephant. Like how that works with the post title on multiple levels...eh, eh?

    ReplyDelete